looking for a guitar workshop

Home Forums General Music Forum looking for a guitar workshop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,
    I’m a first year teacher in the public schools, and our school has many guitars. I don’t have much experience with guitars, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a guitar workshop for music teachers.
    Thanks so much!

Hi Natalie,

I started teaching guitar a few years ago, and the best place I ever went was the Teaching Guitar Workshops. They are a week long (Monday-Friday 9-5) and happen several places throughout the summer. Unfortunately I think this year they might not be too close, but you may be able to find something that works. The workshops are sponsored by GAMA and you get a ton of free books and materials, and you also get a free guitar! The clinicians are all extremely qualified and many have advanced degrees in guitar pedagogy. Great for Elementary through High School.

Here’s the website! http://www.guitaredunet.org

I’d also be happy to share anything I have to help you in this process. Let me know!

GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Natalie!

I echo Will 100% on the GAMA Teaching Guitar Workshop. I learned SO much from the one that I attended over a decade ago…many things that I still use to this day. I am considering doing a workshop for Non Guitarist Guitar Teachers at our Fall or Spring conference next year…

I also have a ton of stuff that I do that I am willing to share (SMART notebook files, resources, etc….) that I have adapted or that I know work really well for my classes 🙂

My email is hjwelch@hdsd.k12.nh.us

Heidi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.