Large Group 2020-2021
We are excited to announce that the annual Large Group Festival will again take place this year as it has continuously since the 1950’s (with the exception of last year). While it will look and feel a little different then it has in previous years, we hope to provide the same valuable insight and feedback that the young musicians and music educators in our state have come to expect from this event.
Registration: The registration window will open on Monday, January 18th, 2021. The registration window will close on Wednesday, March 31st, 2021.
The registration form can be found here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/NHMEA/LargeGroupFestivalRegistrationForm
Submissions: The submission window will be open on April 1st, 2021 and will close on May 1st, 2021. Submissions will be uploaded to a private Google Drive folder. A link and upload instructions will be provided once the submission window opens.
What will stay the same:
- Groups will have the choice of participating for a rating (1,2,3 or 4) or participating for comments/feedback only.
- Group’s choosing to participate for a rating will need to choose 1 selection from one of the approved repertoire lists (found at nhmea.org).
- Group’s choosing to participate for comments only are free to submit any piece they wish.
- Groups choosing to participate for a rating will adhere to the same rubrics that have been used in the past.
- All groups will be given feedback and insight from 3 highly qualified adjudicators.
Changes to the 2020-2021 Festival
- There will be no sight-reading portion of the festival for this year only.
- There will be no live performances this year. All participants need to submit a recording of their group. This recording can be an audio recording or video recording.
- Each recording should be one continuous recording with no stops or edits. Any video with excessive edits may be disqualified from the event.
- Virtual performances (video performances with the “boxes” of students) will not be accepted. The recording must contain the entire group performing as an ensemble.
- Groups can choose between submitting 1, 2 or 3 selections. If a group is submitting 1 recording, that piece must be listed on one of the approved repertoire lists.
- Details regarding submission of performances will be sent once registration has been completed.
- Registration fees for this year only have been reduced to $75.00 per ensemble.
- Results will be sent out within two weeks of the submission window closing (May 15th).
- There will be no clinic portion of the festival this year. However judges will be encouraged to take more time and consideration into their comments and feedback.