NHMEA’s Preamble: Music allows us to celebrate and preserve our cultural heritages, and also to explore the realms of expression, imagination, and creation resulting in new knowledge. Therefore, every individual should be guaranteed the opportunity to learn music and to share in musical experiences.
Mission Statement: To promote the development of music educators and the advancement of all forms of music creation, performance, and literacy.
Vision Statement: Leading New Hampshire in music education, empowering generations to create, perform, and respond to music.
Values: The New Hampshire Music Educators Association values:
● The right of all students to a rigorous, standards-based, comprehensive music education that is taught and assessed by highly qualified music educators.
● The induction, retention, and development of music educators.
● Lifelong engagement with music.
● The societal importance of music and its influence on history and culture.
● Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Collaboration.